Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mr Palindrome In Concert - La Mama Theatre Show 3 - Sunday August 25th 2013


Wow, can Mr Palindrome entertain!!!!

Fellow Daddy blogger and childrens entertainer came to Melbourne on Sunday 25th August 2013 and delighted kids with shows at Yavneh College & La Mama Theatre in Carlton.

I purchased tickets for my family and went along to the 3rd Concert, "A Very Wordy Music Show" at Carlton. Why Mr Palindrome and whats a palindrome mean? I am glad you asked.

A palindrome is a word, phrase or number that can be interpreted either forward or backward. 

You can guess rather quickly that Mr Palindrome's songs are catchy, easy to sing along to and importantly, have a unique form of teaching children word concepts through singing and entertainment. The target range of kids being entertained is 3-7 but older kids would enjoy as well.

The theatre has three rows of seats and a small floor area which allowed the children to sit right in front of Mr Palindrome and join in the songs whilst the adults sat back.

The concert kicked off with Backwards Alphabet. A song that later on, you will take delight in seeing your kids randomly screaming a particular word (its clean! promise!) that no one else gets why that word is being screamed except you.

 

Several more songs which are catchy, upbeat and educational, provided the audience with alliteration, onomatopoeia and more palindromes (yes, you will have to Google those ones, I did!) and by the third song, kids are really getting into the swing of things.

The concert runs for approximately 40 minutes and still sees the kids wanting more after the concert concludes.
onomatopoeia
alliteration, onomatopoeia
alliteration, onomatopoeia
alliteration, onomatopoeia
alliteration, onomatopoeia

There are not many Australian entertainers that are around to spread fun and joy for pre-teens these days as well as learn something new. If you get the chance go and buy tickets and get to see this wonderful entertainer.

My personal favourite is 'What Rhymes with One' and Kangaroo Mum often finds me singing this tune to Little Miss G.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sadly I missed the concert but I have the CD at home. The kids absolutely love it...and I have to admit, I occassionally catch myself singing the words "Have you heard what happened to Smiley Face Sticker...". You're right KD, Mr. Palindrome is an awesome entertainer...next time I must make the show.

Kangaroo Dad said...

Yes Tacklenappy, The show was great. I often use my old iphone as a music player in the kitchen when I am prepping food, for Lil Miss G and she moves, swoons and dances to Mr Palindromes awesome music.